Pages

Friday, February 1, 2013

Friday Favorite


TGIF!

Yes, oh yes, glad it's Friday!  So, I can hardly believe it but I created a double page layout!  Haven't done one of these in a while.  

It just so happened that I was getting items together to create a page of my little guy sitting in the cockpit of the plane, in the captain's seat!, and I was having a tough time narrowing down from the 45 photos I had of this momentous occasion, when I stumbled upon this inspiring post from Vivian Masket on the October Afternoon blog.  

Vivian created a spectacular double pager and encouraged readers, like me who tend to stick to single page layouts, to give it a try.  Perfect!  Just the solution to my problem.  Feeling quite inspired, I set to work and was able to use my four favorite photos that I had printed, without hiding too much of the world map patterned paper that I wanted to use as a background. 

Here's what I came up with-


 
Using products mostly from October Afternoon's Boarding Pass collection, everything flowed nicely as the papers, rub ons, and other embellishments were the perfect complement to my theme.  


To tie the two pages together, I worked in a few different things.  In addition to coordinating some of the patterned papers in the borders of each page, I also carried this cluster of stickers from one side to the other along the top.

Next, I used the title to help the focus flow from one set of photos to the other.  It begins on page 1...


and carries over to page 2 to complete the title work...


All in all, this was super fun to create and I'm happy to have showcased such a proud moment in his little journey.  Not to mention, my most important critic gave me that same thumbs up when he saw the spread :)

FRIDAY FAVORITE:  October Afternoon everything!!!

Wishing you a most beautiful weekend,

1 comments:

gale said...

I love that map paper-what a perfect use for it. The pictures are so cute!